Ihofa Vohitsara Bioreserve
- Located within moist evergreen forest in the Alaotra Mangoro Region
- Adjacent to two National Parks (Mantadia and Andasibe) and a Ramsar Site (Torotorofotsy)
- The area is home to 40 species of mammals (including 14 species of lemurs), 110 species of birds, 53 species of reptiles, and 84 species of amphibians
- Threatened by illegal logging, hunting, and slash-and-burn agriculture
- Our reforestation, lemur monitoring, and ecotourism work helps to reduce the human impact and support local communities
The word “tavy” in Malagasy refers to slash-and-burn agriculture, an agricultural practice used throughout the country.